It & Its Sector Skill Council
Data Entry Operator
Brief Job Description
Individuals are responsible to provide daily work reports and work on daily hour bases. The individual is responsible for electronic entry of data from the client side to the office site or vice-versa. Individual tasks vary depending on the size and structure of the organization.
This job requires the individual to have thorough knowledge of various technology trends and processes as well as have updated knowledge about database management systems and IT initiatives. The individual should have fast and accurate typing / data encoding. This job involves working in a personal computer, and appropriate software to enter accurate data regarding different issues like retrieving data from a computer or to a computer.
Domestic IT Helpdesk Attendant
Brief Job Description
Individuals at this job are mainly responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring users get maximum benefits from them. Individual tasks vary depending on the size and structure of the organization, but may include installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications; monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks; talking staff/clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues; troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults etc.
The IT-ITes Industry is also known as a Helpdesk Executive, Service Desk Executive, Technology Support Executive, IT Support Executive, and Helpdesk Coordinator.
The Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (DISHA) or National Digital Literacy Mission (NDLM) Scheme has been formulated to impart IT training to 52.5 lakh persons, including Aaganwadi and ASHA workers and authorized ration dealers in all the States/UTs across the country so that the non-IT literate citizens are trained to become IT literate so as to enable them to actively and effectively participate in the democratic and developmental process and also enhance their livelihood.
Currently we are working in 8 States for Computer Literacy Project (NDLM).
- WEST BENGAL
The National Institute for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development is an apex organization under the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India engaged in Training, Consultancy, Research and Publication, in order to promote entrepreneurship. The major activities of the institute consist of Training of Trainers (ToT ), Management Development Programmes (MDP), Entrepreneurship- cum-Skill Development Programmes (ESDP) and Entrepreneurship Development Programmes (EDP) etc. The Institute has trained more than 7.30 lakh trainees including 3,800 persons from more than 135 countries till date. The Institute has been certified as an ISO 9001: 2008 by TUV NORD CERT GmbH, in March, 2014.
- To evolve standardized materials and processes for selection, training, support and sustenance of entrepreneurs, potential and existing .
- To help / support and affiliate institutions /organizations in carrying out training and other entrepreneurship development related activities.
- To provide vital information and support to trainers, promoters and entrepreneurs by organizing research and documentation activities relevant to entrepreneurship development .
- To train trainers, promoters and consultants in various areas of entrepreneurship development.
- To offer consultancy nationally/ internationally for promotion of entrepreneurship and small business development.
- To share international experience and expertise in entrepreneurship development.
- To share experience and expertise in entrepreneurship development across national frontiers.
OBJECTIVES OF NIESBUD